Dallas County High School
Student Dress & Appearance:
We encourage you to think about what you are wearing and how it reflects on you. You will be seen by other students, teachers, staff, and the community. Put your best foot forward and show the world you respect yourself and your school. We encourage your individuality, but we also encourage you to dress for success.
Backpacks & Bookbag:
- All backpacks & book bags must be clear or mesh.
Hat / Head Coverings:
- Hats, visors, and other head coverings (including sunglasses) may not be worn in school buildings.
- No head coverings (doo rags, bonnets, mesh rapped caps. etc.)
- No hair rollers
- No hats, caps, or sunglasses should be worn in the buildings
Exceptions (approved by an administrator): Head coverings that have religious significance, for medical reasons, or for special events and/or circumstances that receive administrative approval.
Shirts, Tops, Blouses, T-Shirts, & Hoodies:
- No too tight or revealing shirts, tops, blouses, T-shirts, and hoodies
- No oversized shirts (an oversized shirt/hoodie/sweatshirt/top is defined as excessively large and long).
- No bare midriffs, including when arms are raised.
- No halter and spaghetti strap tops/dresses are not permitted unless covered with sweaters or jackets.
- No off the shoulder shirts, blouses, dresses or tank tops.
- No shirts with revealing armholes are not permitted.
- No showing or undergarments (undergarments must be completely covered).
- No hoods may not be worn in school buildings.
Pants, Shorts, Skorts, Skirts, & Dresses:
- No hemlines of all shorts, skorts, skirts, and dresses (including slits) must not be higher fingertip length
- No pants or jeans with holes, rips, tears, or revealing of skin
- No pants with writing across the rear
- No yoga pants, tights, leggings, or jeggings are permitted
- No sweatpants or joggers
- No pajama or pajama-style pants
- No sagging (Pants with belt loops must be worn with a belt)
- No basketball shorts
- No slides, flip flops, or house shoes (All shoes must have a back or strap across the back)
- No house slippers
- No clothing associated with gang affiliation / inferences
- No clothing associated with discrimination
- No clothes with obscene or suggestive language
- No clothing encouraging or promoting the use of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or violence
- No jewelry that could be used as a weapon